Youth Treatment Center
Discovery Art program at YTC
The Lucas County Youth Treatment Center (YTC) is a secure 32-bed residential facility for felony offenders who would otherwise be committed to an Ohio Department of Youth Services (ODYS) institution.
Systems-based treatment planning focuses on:
- Correcting criminal thinking;
- Promoting pro-social attitudes, values, and beliefs;
- Addressing family patterns and relationships;
- Developing socially appropriate ways to manage emotions and conflicts;
- Supporting academic and vocational achievement;
- Encouraging healthier lifestyle through sober and drug-free living;
- Participating in restorative justice activities.
In 2022, 28 youth were placed at YTC: 26 males / 2 females.
- Visitation for residents housed on Teal and Yellow Units takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:15 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Approved visitors must be present by 5:00 pm
- Visitation for residents housed on Red and Blue Units takes place on Tuesday and Thursdays from 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm.
- Approved visitors must be present by 6:15 pm
- All visitors must be on the resident's approved visitors list, and must provide valid identification at the time of visit.
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA):
If you are aware of or suspect alleged sexual misconduct within the Youth Treatment Center, please complete the PREA Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment Reporting Form PREA Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault, and Sexual Harassment Reporting Form .
PREA Information - Parent and Resident Handbook
PREA Información - Spanish PREA folleto de Información
Most Recent PREA Auditor's Report: Facility Visit July 20, 2020 - 2020 PREA Audit Report