What are the procedures for posting property as a form of bond?
Obtain a copy of the Tax Assessment Sheet from the Lucas County Auditor (located on the 6th floor of 1 Government Center) and a copy of the property deed from the Lucas County Recorder on the 7th floor of 1 Government Center.

A title search must be completed to ensure there are not liens or mortgages on the property. This can be done at any title company.

Proof of balance of mortgage must be furnished at the time of posting bond. It must be on letterhead from the lending institution.

All property owners must be present in order to sign all necessary bond forms. If an owner is unable to be present to sign, an executed power of attorney must be furnished at the time of posting. The power of attorney must be witnessed and notarized and must contain the legal description of the property.

Property values should be twice the amount set as bond, over and above all encumbrances (charge of claim on property).

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Criminal Division located?
2. Am I in the correct courthouse?
3. Which courtroom is my case in?
4. Is case information available on line?
5. A family member was recently arrested and is awaiting arraignment and I need to speak to them. How do I contact them?
6. Do I have any warrants?
7. How can I have my record expunged?
8. What happened in court today with regards to my case?
9. What is my court date?
10. Can I pay my court costs and/or court ordered restitution over the phone?
11. Can you provide me with the total costs of my case?
12. If a person is on record as indigent (impoverished), is that person required to pay court costs?
13. Who decides the amount of my court ordered restitution?
14. Who determines my payments and how often I must pay?
15. What types of bonds are there?
16. I have a court appointed attorney. Does this mean that I do not have to pay for an my attorney?
17. What are the procedures for posting property as a form of bond?
18. Information contained in my background check is inaccurate. What can I do to have this corrected?
19. I am in need of an attorney but cannot afford one. Who can I contact?
20. May I speak to a lawyer?
21. What is the number for the Public Defender's office?
22. How can I get in contact with the Lucas County Prosecutor's office?
23. I need a copy of an order regarding my case. How and where may I obtain that copy?
24. Where do I obtain a Marriage License?
25. How can I obtain copies of a case?
26. Where can I obtain a copy of the Local Rules governing our courts?
27. What is a Certificate of Qualification for Employment and how do I apply for one?
28. Do you accept fax filings?
29. How much do you charge for copies?
30. Do you accept credit card payments?