Duties and Responsibilities
Support Services, a division of the Office of Management and Budget under the Board of Lucas County Commissioners, provides services to county agencies, boards, commissions that the Commissioners have statutory authority to budget for. The exceptions are: the Board of Developmental Disabilities, Board of Elections, Children Services Board, the Health Department, Mental Health and Recovery Services, Soil and Water District, the Engineers capital projects, Sanitary Engineer capital projects, and County-owned facilities capital projects.
The department services are in five programs: Procurement, Surplus Property, Print Services, Mail Services, and Telecommunication Services.
Has the responsibility of centralized procurement of commodities and services for Lucas County. Ensures that all county agencies follow the Board of Commissioners purchasing policy when obtaining goods and services. It is responsible for all purchasing in Lucas County (with the exception of those departments addressed above).
It provides efficient, responsive, and fiscally sustainable Government Operations and provides assurances to the citizens of the County that all competitive bids for Goods and/or Services meet all of the requirements of the ORC and the Commissioners policies.
The services provided are:
- Conversion of requisitions to purchase orders
- Legal Advertisements (Goods/Services)
- Bid Specifications Review
- Pre-Bid Meetings, Bid Lists (Goods/Services)
- Bid Lists (Goods/Services)
- Bid Tabulations (Goods/Services)
- Bid Openings (Goods/Services)
- Bid Inquiry Services (Goods/Services)
Provides assistance to Lucas County agencies in the disposal of their surplus property. There are the options of Reuse, Auction, Recycle/Salvage, and Refuse. Please see the Surplus Property Policy (on the Documents and Resources page) for additional information.
Provides the printing and copying centralized services to county agencies, boards, and commissions.
Provides centralized services to county agencies, boards, and commissions for all outgoing U.S. mail and interoffice mail.
Telecommunication Services Program
Is responsible for meeting the communication needs of all County and Court Departments throughout the entire county organization. The Department has the following responsibilities.
- Trouble shoot and or repair telephone systems, telephones, faxes, wiring and voice mail.
- Responsible for all voice and data wiring for the location of new or the relocation of existing individual sites or entire departments.
- Act as sole contact between the Telephone Companies and the County.
- Produce an Inter-departmental directory.
- The County Operator is responsible for receiving and redirecting calls to the appropriate County Agency.