- When buying an item by count, such as prescription drugs, make sure the label indicates the amount you are to receive.
- When buying firewood, be sure to request a receipt which has the name and the address of the vendor, as well as the delivery date, amount delivered, quantity upon which the price is based and the total price of the amount delivered.
- When purchasing gas, be sure to multiply the price per gallon by the number of gallons so you are sure the price is correct.
- When purchasing merchandise on a counter scale, remember that net weight does not include the bag, wrapper or the container in which a commodity may be weighed.
- Over-the-counter-scales and their quantity value indicators must be in plain view of the customer during transactions.
- Always look for the current year Weights and Measures seals on all weighing and measuring devices.
For additional questions and concerns, contact:
Office of Anita Lopez, Lucas County Auditor, Weights and Measures Department, One Government Center, Suite 600, Toledo, Ohio 43604.
Weights and Measures Department Ph: (419) 213-4447