To be qualified to vote in Ohio, you:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election.
- Must be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
- Must not be incarcerated (in prison) for a felony conviction under the laws of this state, another state or the United States.
- Must not have been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- Must not have been permanently disfranchised for violations of the election laws.
You are eligible to vote in elections conducted in your voting precinct more than 30 consecutive days after you are properly registered to vote in this state.