Upon receiving the application from the Lucas County Sheriff's Office for a license to carry a concealed handgun, the following procedures must be followed in order to expedite the process:
1. Fill out the application form completely;
2. Read the Ohio Concealed Carry Law Manual provided to you;
3. Obtain a Certificate of Competency from an NRA or Ohio Peace Officer Training
Commission approved firearm training course;
4. Obtain a passport size, color photograph of yourself taken within the past 30 days.
In addition, you must pay a non-refundable fee as follows:
1. If you have been an Ohio resident for at least the past five years, the application
fee is $67.00;
2. If you have been an Ohio resident for less than the past five years, the application
fee is $91.00.
The fee must be in the form of cash, cashier's check or money order. No personal checks will be accepted. You will be notified within 45 days of the appication date to return to the Sheriff's Office to pick up your permit. You also will be notified if you are ineligible for a permit.
CHANGE OF ADDRESS:
According to Ohio Law, Section 2923.126, Concealed Carry Permit holders are required to notify the issuing County Sherif of any change in address WITHIN 45 DAYS. Change of address must be made in person as soon as possible - you will also need to bring your license with you. There is a $15.00 fee that can be paid by money order or cash only. NO PERSONAL CHECKS OR CREDIT CARDS.
Parking in front of the Sheriff's Office and the opposite side of the street is prohibited as those spaces are reserved for Sheriff's Office vehicles.
Applications are accepted Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. The Lucas County Sheriff's Office is located at 1622 Spielbusch Avenue, Toledo, OH 43604
Under no circumstances are you allowed to bring a firearm into the Lucas County Sheriff's Office. Individuals bringing a firearm into the Lucas County Sheriff's Office are subject to arrest and prosecution.