Job & Family Services
***IMPORTANT: Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 - Job & Family Services at 3210 Monroe Street will be closed to the public.
Temporarily Job & Family Services is asking clients to please avoid personal contact and (if possible) submit your applications and documents by:
- Email: LUCAS_DOCUMENTS@JFS.OHIO.GOV
- Fax: (419) 213-8820
- Mail: P.O. Box 10007, Toledo, OH 43699-0007
- Outside: Drop Box (located in front of our building by the sidewalk)
You can also apply for benefits or check case status:
- Online: www.benefits.ohio.gov
- By Phone: 1-844-640-6446
Your applications and documents will be scanned and added to your case in a timely manner. Currently, self-scan stations are not available.
Hardcopy applications can be obtained from the front of 3210 Monroe Street or may be printed from http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/forms/num/JFS%2008200/pdf/. All applications will be processed as normal and clients will be contacted via phone if a phone interview is being scheduled, or if there are questions.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES effective March 24, 2020:
- Current SNAP recipients with redeterminations necessary in March (that have not yet been completed), April, and May will NOT receive any interruption in SNAP benefits. Benefits will be extended and recertification will not be necessary for a period of six (6) months
- SNAP recipients with a work requirement are NOT required to complete those hours until the month following the end of the state of emergency
- SNAP Interim Reports due in March (that have not yet been submitted and processed), April, and May will have their due dates extended until after May
The Ohio Benefits Project Team is receiving reports that individuals in counties across Ohio are receiving fraudulent calls which are falsely identifying that their benefits are ending and requesting personally identifiable information (PII) such as their Social Security Number.
These calls are not generated by the State of Ohio or any of its agencies. Please report these calls to the State of Ohio Attorney General's office at 1-800-282-0515 or https://ohioprotects.org.
Official communications from the Ohio Benefits Project come from either (844)640-6446 (phone calls) or (614)350-2711 (text messages).
Lucas County Department of Job & Family Services (LCDJFS) provides services such as temporary cash assistance, food stamps, and medicaid, subsidized child care, adult protection, disability assistance and prevention, retention and contingency services. The Division of Child Support establishes parentage, enforces support orders, and collects and disburses child support in order to ensure that families receive the financial support to which they are entitled.
To check case status or verify benefits call: 1-844-640-6446.
To submit verifications via email, send to: LUCAS_DOCUMENTS@jfs.ohio.gov.
Please include a case or social security number on documents. Allow 2 business days for documents to be added to case.
3210 Monroe St.
701 Adams St.