In keeping with the mission of the Lucas County Juvenile Court, the Probation Department remains committed to the restorative justice and balanced-approach framework which emphasizes a response to juvenile delinquency that focuses on accountability, public safety, competency development, and victim reparation. The department strives to hold juveniles accountable for delinquent activity, while providing referral to resources that reduce criminal behavior and increase the ability of youth to live productively and responsibly in the community.
The department recognizes that accountability for the youth means accepting responsibility and acting to repair the harm done to people and communities. The department embraces the importance the role the family plays in each youth’s response to supervision, and requires parents and/or guardians to participate in the youth’s treatment plan, as well as other programs to which the youth and family are referred.
Assessment, referral to treatment, and interventions are provided based on each youth's needs. Many of these interventions focus on teaching life skills and coping skills to youth through referral to diverse programming that includes, but is not limited to:
- Individual and family therapy
- Mentoring services
- Family violence intervention programming
- Sexual Behavior Intervention
- Workforce Development
- Assessment and linkage to treatment for youth with substance-abuse issues
Read more about the work of the Probation Department in these excerpts from the 2018 Annual Report.
- JDAI Initiatives and Reform 2018 Annual Report
- Community Treatment Center (CTC) 2018 Annual Report
- Crossover Youth Practice Model 2018 Annual Report
- Juvenile Sexual Behavior Treatment Program 2018 Annual Report
- Restorative Justice Services 2018 Annual Report
- Workforce Development 2018 Annual Report
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA):If you are aware of or suspect alleged sexual misconduct within the Juvenile Probation Department, please complete the PREA Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault, or Sexual Harassment Reporting Form.
PREA Information - Parent and Resident Handbook
PREA Información - Spanish PREA folleto de Información